The problem with eating that way is that it is a lot of work and you have to be very prepared. I do my best, but it can be very difficult to keep it up. Cooking has always been difficult for me, but I am getting better at. I am also getting better at being prepared, but it's still a challenge. As much as I enjoyed all of my Whole 30 friendly meals, the fact that other favourites were not allowed drove me crazy. I've always wanted what I can't have.
I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just laying down the facts. And the fact is, when I am not prepared, I fail. One bad decision turns into five, which turns into a week of binging, It's a problem that I am aware of and haven't been able to fix... yet.
The past week I have been trying out something new. I have decided not to restrict anything. No foods are off limit. The only thing that I have to do is record everything that I eat into My Fitness Pal. The good, the bad and the ugly. Trust me, there is a lot of ugly. For this reason, I have made my diet private, but we can still be friends if you are up for it.
There have been some horrendous days so far, and I have only been tracking for a week. However, there were also some days that seemed bad in my head, but once I wrote everything down I realized that it wasn't as awful as I thought it was.
Setting smaller goals is key. I tend to get swept away in big plans. I am constantly biting off more than I can chew, which ends with me getting frustrated and failing completely. It might be a slower process, but focusing on easier/shorter/smaller goals will get me to where I want to be a lot faster than taking on too much and falling back into the same place.
- The last two nights in a row I have resisted late night eating. I even had healthy snacks set aside, but I ended up not needing them.
- I decided to go for a nice long walk once I realized that I wasn't going to make it to my yoga class on time.
- I woke up early this morning and went out walking.
- I'm in first place in my Fitbit challenge group with my friends.
- I have been eating an appropriate amount of food for the past couple of days and don't feel like I've been depriving myself.